If you need to resolve an access violation error in Legacy FamilySearch, then must go through this content. Here, you will find the simple steps to resolve access violation errors in Legacy FamilySearch. So, move ahead and in case of any difficulties, you need to instantly contact the technicians for quick help.
To resolve the access violation error in Legacy FamilySearch, follow the steps as follows:
- First, you need to move ahead to C-drive and then go to program files (X86) > Legacy9 > FamilySearch. After that, you need to go to the FamilySearch folder and then you will find the Legacy FS application there.
- Now, you need to give a right-tap on it and then go to troubleshoot compatibility and then need to move through the compatibility tool.
- You need to then go to C-drive and then go to program files (X86) and then go to Legacy9. After doing into that folder, you will then see the Legacy application.
- Finally, you need to give the right tap there and then go to troubleshoot compatibility and then you need to move via the compatibility tool for this respective application.
And if the problem still continues then follow the steps as follows:
- You have to, first of all, move ahead to the ok option and then you need to again try to do what you were trying in Legacy FamilySearch again.
- Next, go to the refresh button mentioned on the right side that you will find above the FamilySearch person. Go to the reload button for reloading the Legacy person.
- You need to then close Legacy FamilySearch and then you need to open Legacy Family Tree.
- Next, run file maintenance and then go to check/repair. Go to file and then choose file maintenance.
- You must then go to check/repair and then follow the on-screen steps.
Also, if the problem occurs during the check or repair process then in such case, you need to go to no option for continuing with the repair option.
- After doing so, you need to go to Legacy FamilySearch and then go to File and then choose file maintenance.
- Choose check and repair and then finally, you need to close the Legacy FamilySearch as well as the Legacy Family tree. You need to then go to the Legacy folder on your respective hard drive and then give a right tap on the FamilySearch folder and then you need to rename it from the respective pop-up menu. You must then rename the folder FamilySearch:
- For 32-bit Windows OS: C:\Program files\legacy9\zFamilySearch
- For 64-bit windows OS: C:\Program files (x86) \legacy9\zFamilySearch
- Now, you need to instantly update the Legacy program and for that, you need to visit http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/DownloadUpdate.asp.
Or, if you need to resolve the LegacyFS.exe error then follow the steps as follows:
- First, you need to do a clean removal and then have to re-install Legacy for resolving the LegacyFS.exe error.
- Now, you need to simply download Legacy and then you need to use the Legacy customer number for unblocking the deluxe features.
- Also, if you need to keep the Legacy customizations then you need to visit how to backup user customization files.
- Next, you need to start Legacy Family Tree and then go to the file mentioned on the menu bar.
- You must then go to file maintenance and then go to check/repair quickly.
- Go to no option in the error message box and then do check. repair twice and then you need to open Legacy Family Search.
- Go to file and then you need to file maintenance and then choose check and repair.
- Finally, you need to try FamilySearch again.
Thus, after following the above steps, you can instantly resolve the access violation error in Legacy FamilySearch. If still, you need some help related to it then must contact the ftm experts on the support number +1-888-257-3335 for quick guidelines and solutions related to Legacy.