Ancestry is a genealogy organization that provides online access to a vast collection of historical records, family trees, and other genealogy resources. The organization is focused on helping individuals discover their family history and connect with their ancestors.
History of Ancestry:-
Ancestry was founded in 1983 as a publishing company that produced books and magazines related to genealogy. In the early 2000s, the company shifted its focus to online genealogy research and began offering access to its vast collection of historical records and other resources through its website. Today, Ancestry is one of the largest and most well-known genealogy organizations in the world, with millions of users in over 30 countries.
One of the main features of Ancestry is its online database of historical records. The organization provides access to billions of records from around the world, including census records, birth and death certificates, marriage licenses, military records, and more. Users can search for records by name, location, date, and other criteria, and can often view digital copies of original records online.
In addition to its historical records database, Ancestry also offers a range of other resources to help individuals with their genealogical research. These include online tutorials and research guides, access to historical maps and other documents, and a variety of tools for building and organizing family trees.
Benefits of using Ancestry:-
One of the main benefits of using Ancestry is its comprehensive database of historical records. With billions of records from around the world, the organization is one of the largest and most comprehensive genealogy websites available. Additionally, many of the records on Ancestry are unique and not available on other genealogy websites.
Another benefit of Ancestry is its community of users. The website provides tools for connecting with other researchers and sharing information, making it easier to collaborate and learn from others who are researching the same family lines.
How To Sign in Ancestry:-
- Open a web browser and go to the official website.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click the “Sign In” button.
- Enter your email address and password in the appropriate fields, then click the “Sign In” button.
- If you have forgotten your password, click the “Forgot Password?” link and follow the prompts to reset your password.
- If you do not have an Ancestry account, click the “Start a free trial” button to create an account.
- Follow the prompts to enter your name, email address, and other information to set up your account.
- Choose a subscription plan if you wish to access Ancestry’s premium features, or continue with the free trial to explore the website.
Once you have signed in to your Ancestry account, you can begin exploring the website and searching for historical records, building your family tree, and connecting with other researchers.