This is blog is specifically created for those who searching to know more about the free update 24.2.2 for FTM 2019. And if you are one of them then you would be extremely glad to know that you have made it to the perfect place.
Free Update 24.2.2 for FTM 2019
FTM 2019 Version History
- Oct 2019 – version 24.0 (Build 230) – original release
- Nov 2019 – version 24.0.1 (Build 252) – only the first free update
- Aug 2022 – version 24.1 (Build 520) – second free update
- Feb 2023 – version 24.2 (Build 532) – third free update
- Mar 2023 – version 24.2.1 (Build 537) – third free update as a new build along with an additional Windows-only fix for small numbers of users
- Sept 2023 – version 24.2.2 (Build 560) – the fourth free update
Everything you should know about the 24.2.2 update:
This update is an important update for all FTM 2019 users, which incorporates essential modifications in FTM FamilySync technology that are need to accommodate changes made on Ancestry side as well as to return to green sync weather. It has been develop together with Ancestry engineers, and the update helps to improve the speed reliability of syncing FTM trees, uploading and downloading for FTM 2019 users who would like to keep in sync with Ancestry trees.
Now once you have installed the update you should see the sync status change from orange to green. Furthermore, the update also helps to resolve issues with signing in to Ancestry on macOS 10.14 – 10.15. Hence you can easily sign in on these systems successfully.
You should know that many features and fixes that were release in the previous update are also include in the 24.2.2 update.
Who is suppose to get this update?
Well, this update is recommend for all the users of the Family Tree Maker 2019 version Moreover, it also has updates for the following;
- Syncing with Ancestry
- Ancestry Login on macOS 10.14 – 10.15 versions
Before you start updating;
- You got to make sure that FTM 2019 has been install. This is because the updater will look for any of the previous FTM 2019 versions before it starts running.
- Next, you must remember to sync your trees – even if you have been syncing in FTM 2019 successfully you should still sync one more time before you run the update. However, if you are upgrading from FTM 2017 and you are waiting for green weather to sync, then you can just skip this step.
- You should also compact and back up your trees – in case you have not already done so then you would need to compact your trees first (Tools > Compact File) and also make manual backups (File > Backup, you should make sure that the ‘Media and Restore Sync boxes are checked). Nevertheless, if you require any detailed instructions on backing up your trees then you can click here.
How to get the updater?
There are several ways to get the free 24.2.2 update;
- Email Notifications – Recently an email update notification was sent to those who had already install as well as register for FTM 2019, this include the information about the update and also a link to the ‘Update Center’ hence this is where you get to download the update for free.
- So since the email notifications have been sent already you should first check the ‘Update Center’ directly.
Now all you must do is follow the given on-screen instructions in the ‘Update Center’ all the way through to get your free download links. After you are done downloading the updater, you should close FTM 2019 and run the update. If you like you can click here ‘Running the FTM 2019 Updater’ to get the step-by-step instructions for picking up and downloading links as well as running the updater; you can find them all here.
Q1. After I have updated to 24.2.2 whenever I go to sync I see a large number of changes that I do not remember making is there something wrong?
Answer:- Well, there is no need to worry; as with 24.1 and 24.2 updates, there have been some improvements made in the sync process. Therefore the changes that you are seeing are just minor and meant to ensure that you’re FTM and Ancestry trees are in complete sync. Hence you should not really notice any major changes to your tree and you can easily review the details in the ‘Sync Change Log’ section.
Q2. How do I know if the update is successful?
Answer:- You can check if build 560 is appearing in the ‘About’ box when you select ‘About Family Tree Maker’ from the ‘Help’ menu (on Windows) or the FTM 2019 menu (Mac).
Q3. After doing the download, the ‘About’ box is still showing an older build; hence what should I do now?
Answer:- Now after you have downloaded the updater file, you will still need to run it in order to update your copy of FTM 2019 to version 24.2.2. Furthermore, if you do not see any on-screen instructions appearing then you should try and double click the file that you downloaded.
Q4. I have already downloaded the updater but I cannot find it. What do I need to look for?
Answer:- Below you will find the file names and sizes mentioned;
For Windows –
- File name – FTM2019Updater05.exe
- Size – 875 MB
For Mac –
- File name – FTM2019Updater05.dmg
- Size – 376 MB
We Provide Support for Family Tree Maker software. A New Free Update 24.2.2 for FTM 2019 is available, if you require any Help you can visit our website or call our family tree maker support number +1-888-257-3335 or you can Live Chat with our Experts.