Are you one of those FTM users who are finding it difficult to download a tree from Ancestry to Family Tree Maker 2017 and 2019 for Mac? If so, then you won’t regret your decision to come to this site as here you will only find suitable information. And you can be assured that after you go through this blog you will have complete satisfaction results. But for this, you would need to read carefully until you reach the end for accurate results.
Do you know that FTM 2017 and 2019 versions for Mac allow you to download your tree file from Ancestry directly, link your local as well as online tree and keep them synced?
The following are the instructions to download a tree from Ancestry to FTM 2017 & 2019 for Mac:
- You need to start by clicking on the three-leaf Ancestry icon that is in the top right corner of the application window and then you should choose the ‘Download from Ancestry’ option from the given pop-up menu.
Alternatively, you can even choose ‘New’ from the ‘File’ menu and then click on the ‘Download a Tree from Ancestry’ button.
- You will now have the ‘Download from Ancestry’ dialogue open on your screen. On the left side is a list of the trees you have in your Ancestry account.
- Here you can easily sort out the list of trees by name, date of creation, date of last modification or status.
- If you want to reverse the sort order, then you will need to clear the ‘Shorts in ascending order’ checkbox.
- To view a tree on Ancestry before you download it, you can select the tree in the given list and then click on the ‘Show Online Tree’ button.
- To be able to delete an unwanted tree, you got to select it and then click on the ‘Delete Tree’ button.
IMPORTANT: You should be careful that you do not delete a tree that you might need because this is not reversible. Therefore as recommended you must keep copies of your trees as well as rename them to tell them apart easily, instead of just deleting them.
- You now need to select the tree that you would like to download from the list and then click on the ‘Download Tree’ button.
- After that, the ‘Download and Link FTM and Ancestry Tree’ dialog will appear.
- Now in the ‘New FTM Tree’ field, you can choose to leave the existing tree name or just enter a new name.
- You should also decide whether or not you would like to have Ancestry citation media included in the download; you can do so, by leaving it selected or by unchecking the ‘Download Ancestry Citation Media’ option.
- However, by default, the changes made in a tree are manually sync. Therefore if you do not want to have your trees synced automatically then every time you open or close it you would need to select the ‘Automatically’ option.
- Next, you would need to click on the ‘Download’ button to start downloading your tree.
- And now it totally depends on the ‘Sync Weather Report’ dialogue that appears, you will decide whether you want to continue your download or not. Furthermore, you may see a Green, Orange or Red Sync weather status.
You will see the ‘Download Tree from Ancestry’ dialogue showing you the status of the download you made.
- You will have a message that tell you when the tree was download successfully. Now if you want to go to the Ancestry view of the tree immediately then will need to select the ‘View online tree now’ checkbox and then you just need to click on the ‘Close’ button.
After you have finished following the above steps and instructions then you should be all good to manage the same by yourself at any time. This is because the information provide is absolutely reliable and should help you get done in no time. Nevertheless, if you feel that you require further assistance then you can always get in touch with the topmost technicians right here. And they will surely guide you through with the best solutions as soon as they can. You can avail of the services according to your convenience as the team is available 24/ hours and they are committed to delivering only rectified solutions.